November 11, 2010

Body Hair

I'm not afraid to say this, no reason to worry either, I like porn. I like men in my porn. I like men who look like fucking men. I really dislike the trend that been going on for a while of men shaving themselves to be hairless twelve-year-olds, even when they're far from twink proportions. Seeing a ripped, chiseled, cut man rip his shirt off and he has barely a landing strip and no happy trail to speak of is saddening, and creepy. I'm not saying I want to see Robin Williams, well Young RW so it's less creepy, in porn, that man is a Sasquatch, but I want to see a comfortable amount of hair.

This question was sort of sparked by an ad I saw an Esquire for some Gilette razors that would have a man 'clean' for the boardroom, the beach and the bedroom, there were censor bars around his jaw, nipples and pubic region. I thought it was stupid. I find hair on a man to be alluring. I dislike the idea that a man should be sculpted or waxed, this goes for women too. I'm fucking proud of my body hair, I don't shave. I have reasons for not removing some hair, but my arms and legs look fine, so I keep them and I wear shorts in summer without stockings. When I see my male friends and they have a mass of hair on their arms I assume they have it on their torsos, and what little I have seen of their torsos I appreciate it not being tamed or cut back. (If any of you are reading this, sorry if I sound really creepy...) But it's up there with beards and facial hair. I am quick to say I love beards, mustaches and many of the combiations of such. I'm not the biggest fan of the just mutton chop look, but show me a pencil thin John Waters 'stache, a Van Dyke, goatee, soul patch (sometimes), handlebar, 5 o'clock shadow, full on beard, trimmed mustache-beard combination, handlebar and I'll raise an eyebrow. I'll also heartily encourage continuation of growth, or keeping it, rarely can I think of encouraging a male friend to shave, unless they have the creeper porno stache, that look should never be revived, it's too skeevy.

I was reading Savage Love and there happened to be a post a few years ago about the trend in hair removal, it seems apropos.

So the long and the short, I like men with hair. "Give me a man with hair. Long beautiful hair! Shining, gleaming, beautiful flaxen waxen!



Jasmine P.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I agree with you 500%. I realize that number means nothing real, but I LOVE men who look like men. Real masculinity is delicious.

For women - I think it's a personal preference thing. I've been shaving my legs for so long that I don't think I would feel physically comfortable growing them out. But other that... I mean, what the hell. Hair is natural. Why are we always fucking with our natural inclinations anyway?