I'm not talking about 'text speak' but that pisses me the fuck off. I'm talking about some things that are becoming more 'common' in the English language. I know languages evolve, but these bother me because they don't look right. I'm not an English major, thinking about becoming a minor, but that would be in literature not composition, but that aside. Here are a few things I've seen written that bother me.
"altho" is not "although"
"thru" is not "through"
"tuff" is not "tough"
"tho" is not "though"
I said it was a short list. I know there are plenty more that bother me, but I can't think of them at the moment. For this to be a much more thorough rant I would probably go into the whys and I'd elaborate on why I dislike text-speak. Simply, I dislike text-speak because people use it verbally and sound ignorant, or they use it while writing on the internet, when they easily have a full keyboard at their disposal. I don't understand why they can't use every letter. I mean, it's not like it's a telegram where you have to pay for every letter.
Jasmine P.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment